Monday 27 August 2007

Pisa


Italy would not have been a completed trip without exploring Pisa. Here is the world’s famous “Leaning Tower of Pisa” of which there were plenty of photos taken. The first time I came to Pisa was the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of high school (that would have been 2000, if I’m remembering correctly). I think that I was more impressed this time around than last. Perhaps, you learn to appreciate some things more with a little more age. God knows what I’ll think 50 years from now. We had the unique experience of exploring the baptistery where every half hour they show off the acoustics by having a single person sing a few notes, which with the effects of echo and acoustical proportion, gave the affect of making the one man sound like a choir.



(Left: I prevent the tower from toppling over; Below: The Baptistery, Sierra and I and Sierra)


No comments: